First Tee – Denver
Youth Leadership Council
The mission of First Tee of Denver’s Youth Leadership Council is to be the best representation of our organization within our Denver community by emulating First Tee’s Core Values and Life Skills.
We are a council that was created to bring unity and empowerment to the young people flourishing within our organization. With so many promising leaders growing within our First Tee family, Youth Leadership Council will be a place for them to shine their light and make a difference. Through our teamwork building and philanthropic work, we will strive to give back to our community and create unity within our chapter.
In order to join Youth Leadership Council, you must be between ages 14-17, currently active in a First Tee – Denver program. Council members can participate in all events after joining. To remain eligible for national participant opportunities, and remain in “good standing,” all council members are required to participate in meetings, fundraisers, volunteer opportunities, and help provide social media content. Council members must also be ambassadors for The First Tee of Denver and abide by our code of conduct.
- Meetings take place at least once a month at City Park Golf Course. At this time, we are operating on zoom to adhere to the City of Denver’s Covid-19 policies. If additional meetings are needed due to an event they will be added at that time.
- All members must demonstrate The Code of Conduct before, during and after all meetings.
Membership in the TFTD Leadership Council includes the following responsibilities and expectations
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participate in fundraisers and volunteer events
- Provide social media content
- Serve as Ambassadors to TFTD
- Demonstrate the First Tee Code of Conduct
Youth Leadership Goals:
- Grow the council to 25 active members
- Fundraise (host 2 events per year)
- Improve Communication skills
- Utilize each other to promote a healthy team